I'm late I'm late I'm late....


oooh runnin' late late for Pink Saturday !   In a previous post I showed how I rewire lamps ... I used this sweet vintage rosebud lamp.  For me the shades are the most difficult part, finding one that will work without spending a fortune.





For this lamp I had an old shade on hand, but it wasn't in the best condition.  I also had a bag of dollar store rose petals.  Since they are inexpensive they are a little stiff, but that was perfect for this project.


I started by gluing a row of petals around the bottom of the shade, using a white, quick dry craft glue.  Then I added another row overlapping and in the middle of the first row and kept on going.   When I got to the top, I cut the petals straight across taking off about 1/2" and then folded and glued them over the top.  Then I added some rose embellishment around the top.   Quick and easy !
You can see how pretty it looks !

Hope you will hop on over to Beverly's Pink Saturday  and visit all the sweet pink participants.

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment. Thank you for your follow ... I always try to return comments and follows.
  Ya'll come back soon and bee sweet now.

Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

14 comments

LV said…
It is never too late to share such great work you do on these lamps. Very pretty.
Rebecca said…
Love the lampshade! I did the same thing with one on my backprch! Happy pink Saturday!
Very cute! I have the same problem with shades. How can they be so expensive? I'm always wanting to do something fun and pretty like this. Maybe next year! Haha
Unknown said…
Oh, that is so cute! What a neat idea! Thanks so much for visiting my for Pink Saturday!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah
Susie Jefferson said…
Wow! Fabulous - reminds me a little of those wonderful hats worn in the 50s (as photographed in Vogue). Great idea, thanks so much for sharing.

This week, my contribution is a desktop screensaver calendar. Happy Pink Saturday from the UK!
Robin said…
Very clever you are....love it...
Have a pinkishly beautiful weekend.
The Artful Diva said…
The lamp shade transformation is really amazing. Well done kiddo!
Debbie said…
Let's just call it FASHIONABLY late since that's just a beauty and deserves the grand entrance.

I really do think it looks fantastic. I'm trying to get more creative like that.
HI! I'm Tabitha said…
ohh thats sure PERTY miss francie.... miss u
hugs
Unknown said…
Hi Francie! What a tranformation.
It looks great with light shining thru and it just makes the vignette you show pop. Love it.
Michele said…
your lamp is gorgeous and deliciously pink! happy pink saturday! xo
Queen of Tides said…
Love the petal lampshade and the lamp wiring how-to! I also love the white pieces you posted earlier, I don't see busts very often around here at estate sales or any other kind of sales, but I'll have to start looking harder.
I'm sure some lucky gal will have that pretty lamp next to her bedside very soon. I know I love it Francie.
Happy Belated PS.
Your shop looks really nice BTW.
Thanks for your well wished for my mom. She is improving every single day. It's a miracle at her age. Everybody is shocked to see her walking around and going out all the time from the hosp. Alas see what one can do at 92? : )
LOVE YOU
LOVE ME
xoxoxoxoxo
Micupoftea said…
wonderful home decor! My sister would love a lampshade like this...I will have to tell her about it. :)