We've started the countdown !

We've started counting down to the New Year !  and I want to wish you all a very blessed and prosperous year. Going to  hook up with   Beverly and her wonderful Pink Saturday   .. and I'm 250 at My Romantic Home , could not resist being 250 , hope you will join everyone there.  The holiday season is always busy and full of lots to do I know you've been as busy, and sometimes as rushed. I also hurt my foot ...ouch! ouch! ouchy ... so I've been hobbling around and having to sit a lot.  At least there are a lot of things I can do when I'm sitting.    I was looking at this grunch (great bunch) of hydrangeas I had stuck in a corner until I could get around to doing something with them .....

 ....and saw this.    It was very easy to do.  I already had the cones (but they are easy to make if you don't have them) and all I had to do was pull the petals off and hot glue them to the cone.  I  used the leaves as a base first and let them show at the bottom.  I also put two rows on the inside.  Then I used glitter glue, which sadly doesn't show up in the photo, to make the whole thing sparkle.  Added a butterfly, a glass prism at the bottom and then filled it with my Slices and Spices ™ potpourri.   Perfect for New Year's Eve !










Then I hung them over the dining room chairs......
Now someone, and darn if I can remember who but my best guesses are Carol  The Polkadot Closet 
(because she gives out the BEST and the MOST tips.)..or my very creative and classy friend Lynn  at The Vintage Nest.
Now if it wasn't one of those two fabulous ladies, and it was YOU then please leave a message so I can give you the proper credit ... anyway the suggestion was to use shower curtain hooks for hanging something over a curtain rod.   Well they work perfectly for hanging over a chair too ... I just had to open them up a little bit and that was easy to do with these metal hooks.   So that's what I've been doing the last few days, that and mostly sitting with my feet up...but you can bet we will celebrate tomorrow !    Oh how I have appreciated your comments and follows this past year ... thank you so much.
What are your plans for the new year?   (())  PS ya'll know if you click on a picture you get a pop up and you can click on them all in a row ...

Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

28 comments

Hi Francie,
Oh, what a gorgeous receptacle for potpourri! I haven't made a cone in a while and this is so pretty; love hydrangeas and sparkles! I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing and for your visit. Hope your foot heals up quickly. Take care and Happy New Year to you and those you love.

Blessings,
Sandi
The Artful Diva said…
Your New Year Tussie is wonderful. I love it!

Happy New Year.
Lorraine said…
Oh, I just love your cones, so pretty!! HPS and HNY!!
Susan said…
Your hydrangea cones are very lovely! What a neat idea!
My name is Riet said…
Those cones are lovely. Such a good idea.

Good luck with your foot.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Riet
Anonymous said…
My dear sweet friend, twerne't me :) but it sure is a fabulous idea! It's funny because today as I was putting away Christmas,I came across a cone I had filled with hydrangea petals. It's so pretty....can't wait to put it out for summer. Guess I better not rush Valentines and Easter though. LOL....Kind of sad to sit here typing this, ,,,,,,looking around and seeing no holiday decorations. But looking forward to redoing my family room. And of course you are invited for a visit. xoxo Happy New Year to you, hubby and kitties.
Cindy Adkins said…
Oh dear...so sorry you hurt your foot! Hope you feel better soon. Your cone is so pretty! I adore hydrangeas - one of my favorite flowers! Happy New Year!
Cindy
Cindy Adkins said…
Francie,
Are those silk hydrangeas or dried? I'm wondering...they look real but don't know if the glue would work on dried ones? Thank you!!
Cindy
LV said…
What an awesome job. You are very creative and talented. What nice gifts that would make.
Cindy, they are faux and were sprayed with something that gives them texture and a bit of weight.
I think for dried I would use Ailenes super tacky glue.
(())
Oh no... sorry about your foot Francie. Feel better soon, the new year is just around the corner.
CuTe Tussie. I thought you were going to say OuCh to hot glueing your fingers together. It always happens to me and I swear I'll never use one again... and then I do.
Love the hook idea too. I enlarged the pic before reading and thought you screwed some nice knobs to the backs of your chairs.... cool.
Still flashing like a crazy woman here. Looked into the herbal meds. I have to go and research some more.
Thanks for the tips.
Happy New Year my dear Francie.
Love to you and hubby and fur babies.
xoxoxoxoxo
Mrs. White said…
I hope your foot feels better! Get plenty of rest and enjoy the New Year celebrations!
~Country Lady~ said…
I adore your glittered silk hydrangea cones. I love how you have them displayed. How very creative.
It wasn't me, but I am flattered anyway, the hooks are a great idea I have not seen before. I love the cone and your kitty reindeer (I missed that post) Hope your foot is better, I hate any ailment that keeps me from going 100 miles per hour!

Happy New Year
Carol
Nancy's Notes said…
Oh my, your hydrangea cones are just awesome! Clever lady! What a perfect place for your potpourri~

Happy New Year!
Holly said…
HI Francie~
How beautiful these are!! You are most creative!! I hope you have a very blessed 2012!
Linda M. said…
Hi Francie, I love your cones covered in petals, how beautiful. Thanks for your visit and comment. Wishing you a wonderful and Happy New Year! Warmly, Linda
Shine said…
Oh my goodness! That hydrangea cone is gorgeous!!!!!! So perfect as I "Love" hydrangeas so much. Thanks so much for stopping by my little spot..and have a GREAT New Year!! Blessings~~Shine
Anonymous said…
I don't believe I've been by your blog before. Nice to be here and meet you. Thanks for having stopped by my blog. Yes, aging gracefully is tough and I too find myself struggling to listen and obey (Him).
Great tussie. And good ideas for some nice hangers of things! The tussie does sparkle a bit - so can't really tell the sparkle glue isn't showing up like it does in person! Sorry to hear you hurt your foot. I know your pain - having hurt mine several times. Ouch! Stay off of it and keep it elevated like the doc says (at least I think the doc would say that!) Take care. Happy Pink New Year Saturday! Thanks, Jenn
jeanne said…
Hi Francie, The cones are very pretty and clever and who would think to hang them on a dining room chair. Clever you and the hook idea is good to know.

Wishing you a Happy and healthy New Year with blessings and love,
Jeanne
J.Rylie.C said…
Soo pretty!

My PINK, please come and see. Have a happy new year!
Nancy said…
Love hydrangea's SO much! Great idea. Happy New Year.
So happy to meet you. I am looking forward to getting to know you in the new year.
Sorry you hurt yourself but gosh did you take advantage of the down time. Your pieces are lovely.
Thanks for joining my little site and I wish you a very Happy New Year
Maggie
So sorry about your hurt foot...hope it heals quickly!
You make such beautiful creations...gorgeous!
Hope your new year is wonderful!
Audrey
Beverly said…
Happy Pink Saturday and best wishes for a very happy New Year. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special. I count you among my blessings.

Take it easy on your foot. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. You inspire me.
Anonymous said…
These little cones are so pretty Francie! I can imagine how lovely they are in person with the glitter!

Shower hooks-- who would have thought! great idea!

Hope you are feeling well and that 2012 will bring much creativity and contentment!

Happy New Year!
mary
Debbie said…
Those cones are just beautiful, and I would love to make some.

Happy New Year to you!!
Queen of Tides said…
Hi Francie,
Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it is all healed up by now. I absolutely love the decorated little cones! I am going to try to do tihs for Easter, with each cone holding an Easter egg and hung from my chandelier or a big bare branch! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!