Baby Dress Display ... Pink Saturday

 We live in an old house and even though we have high ceilings we don't have a lot of wall space due to the large windows and the way the walls are angled.  Our living room, dining room and two of the bedrooms have five walls, one taken up by a fireplace, and the others by doors and large windows. I use every    surface I can for display...because I have a lot of stuff (less is NOT more, more is more) and I like to see it :)

These little dresses were my daughter, Victoria's.  I love having them out because they are so sweet and remind me of when she was a precious baby.
 They usually sit on our bedroom fireplace mantle.

 The wooden displays are very easy to make but if you don't use power tools or have someone who will make them for you there is a very easy way to do it.  It's good if you have a power drill and can use it...but you could probably still make them without.


You need a drill, small hack saw or other cutting tool, hot glue gun, screwdriver,
 3/4" or 1" dowel, wooden base and topper (can be hearts, round, square etc.)
   a small cup hook, a screw long enough to go through the base and 1/2" into the dowel.
                                           

 Drill a pilot hole in your base all the way through using a drill bit smaller than your screw... and 1/2" up  in the bottom of the dowel,. Using a slightly larger drill bit drill about 1/4" in the bottom of the base over your drill hole so your screw will sit flat and your base won't be wonky.  Screw base to your dowel. Decide at what height you want your hanger to sit, add a few inches above that and cut the dowel to size.  Screw in the cup hook...hot glue on the topper and paint, decorate by painting or using decals. Mosaic on the base would be very pretty too. I had plans to do that but ummm...I got distracted :))

Hang your sweet little keep-sake out fit, Christening dress on the hanger.
 You can see I put a bonnet on the top of one ... and I set some of Vicky's sweet little frilly baby shoes on the base but I forgot to bring them down for the photos.
linking  up with Beverly's Pink Saturday  
hope to see you there !
 Thank you for stopping by, thank you for your sweet comments and thank you for your follow... (())

Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

19 comments

Susan said…
Your daughters dresses are so sweet. I don't blame you for displaying them. When I see a sweet baby dress yard saleing I usually buy them.
HI! I'm Tabitha said…
those are precious. to bad no more grandbabies are in ur future!
hope ur finding some good junk!
hugs
Simply Debbie said…
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY FRANCIE,
THIS IS THE SWEETEST POST. I LOVE THE MINT GREEN DRESS WITH HER PRECIOUS HAT. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO DO THIS WITH SOME OF AMY'S DRESSES...IT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY SEEING THEM DISPLAYED.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
Mya said…
Francie(!) This is an adorable idea. I am copying and saving. I bet your daughter had many pretty outfits.
Thanks for the taking the time to type out intructions.
Summer Gypsy said…
These are the best memories of all! Our tiny tot's tiny clothes bring back toothless grins and baby talk. I have several of my daughter's outfits stored. I think I need to show them off! Lovely post.
Thanks for stopping by this morning. I'm so glad that I was able to follow the blog road back to this post! Happy Pink Saturday, Francie!:)
Dru said…
These little dresses bring back such lovely memories. When my daughter was a baby I had to scour the thrift stores to find these sweeties! They are beautiful and thank you for sharing them with us. Happy Pink Saturday!
So sweet! I love vintage baby clothes.
Happy PS!
Tammy
Happy Pink Saturday Francie Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share today. I love the display of your daughter, Victoria's little baby dresses. How precious they each look, and isn't it wonderful to look back and see what she once wore and just smile? I love that.

They are all so pretty. The first one reminds me of my daughter Heidi, as I put her in alot of those little cotton ones, embroidered as such. They were so nice and cool in the Summer time and perfect for a little outing.

I thank you for the wonderful idea, the share of the stand pattern, as they are so precious. I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please stop over and say hello. I would be so thrilled to have you visit, as I love meeting new friends and sharing our day to day lives. I would love to have you follow me as well.

Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry
Debbie said…
That is so precious AND lovely. I would love to hang my girls' baptism gowns, but they are ones used by every girl in the family and not my own property.

I would love to apply this idea with a set of their old "sister dresses". Now, you have me thinking where I could put it.

Such a great idea.
Unknown said…
So beautiful little dresses!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs
Charo
Janet said…
That is such a cute idea and the baby clothes are so sweet!
Blessings,
Janet
Char said…
I too think it's a wonderful idea to have and show treasures from our childrens past. Just look at all the love that surrounds you each and every day!! It's magical. Happy Pink Saturday, Char
DoanLegacy said…
Those are really sweet dresses, and I like the idea of making my own displays!
Anonymous said…
I think it would be really really easy for me if you just make me one! :) :) Those are so cute Francie. Happy Pink (way late) Saturday.
Francie, I am book marking this one, the best compliment a blogger can get. ingenious and darling all at the same time. I am not sure I saved any of my sons clothes, Except his christening outfit. boy's clothes just are not as cute!

Carol
Annesphamily said…
Oh Francie these are so sweet! You are a talented gal! I love this design. You have such a beautiful creative heart! Watch for the UPS truck by Friday! Anne
Unknown said…
Oh Francie I received your Heart to Heart from Debbie. It is so like the one I made. But the embroidery on the back is priceless. It is beautiful. Thank you so much. Hope you get a nice one.
QMM
Simply Debbie said…
HELLO FRANCIE,
I HAVE A WELL DESERVED BLOG AWARD ON MY BLOG FOR YOU.
IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT IT, I UNDERSTAND, BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT.
YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO ME.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
ANGEL HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
I JUST CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THE EIFFEL TOWER COOKIE CUTTER.
Kati said…
Love THIS! If only I had girls instead of 5 boys :)