Okay, this is how I saw/see it ....

Still enjoying my visit to Texas, this one will last me awhile !  One of the things that made me smile was :
Yup! A big pink "privy". What a great idea, and of course, it was in Luck. Those Luck folks thought of almost everything!
  So, you know I DID go to Round Top.  Went through Marburger and Warrenton too. Honestly, if you are looking for it you would most likely find it somewhere on that stretch of road. There are permanent buildings open on most every week end. When I went, there were a lot of tents already set up and stocked.  My interest was to stop at the Junk Gypsy
Store.


It is a beautiful spot.
It was also very disappointing. I wasn't the only one who felt that way, there were other folks walking out and grumbling. 
The store is pretty small and it is filled with manufactured goods. T-Shirts, Boots, jewelry, candles...all Junk Gypsy manufactured and all with "We are TV stars" prices.  T-shirts (and we are not talking great quality either) were $35.00. You really had to want to advertise for the Junk Gypsys to shell out that much.
 Now, in all honesty, I don't like to pay to advertise for anyone. Also, they ARE T.V. "stars" so I guess it goes with the territory.  Just be forewarned, if you go expecting to see original/new/creative things you will be disappointed.  I took pictures of the only sorta original items. Glad I made the stop though, because now I know.
  All in all, a great trip and all the bluebonnets, Indian blankets, Indian paintbrush etc. made it a beautiful drive.
Until next time, ya'll bee sweet !





Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

2 comments

babYpose said…
I remember i got a necklace made of corn from cherokee, not sure about gypsy but nice trip.
Unknown said…
Hi Francie, I like the "Queen" sign, that would be a hoot to have. It looks a little big though! Happy Mothers Day.