WIP...Work In Progress

As requested here is a window mosaic in progress...truthfully it has been put away for some time while I worked on other things.





























The first picture is of the whole window. Then the one pane already grouted (because I HAVE to see how it will look LOL), then upper right...now that is the start of a butterfly and the pink is darker and it really looks a lot more like a butterfly than it shows (looks better in the first whole shot)...please trust me on that! Next is the lower right pane and that is a half vase attached to the glass. When finished I plan to have a nice silk vine come out of the vase, up and over and through the top center pane that is missing. The blue glass you can see through while the yellow is opaque. This is a lot like working a jigsaw puzzle and there is no telling how it will look when it is done. I have another one in progress and if I get the chance I will put it up too...thanks for asking to see and letting me share with you.
My wish for you: May all the pieces of your puzzle fit !

Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

8 comments

OldBagNewTricks said…
This looks like Loads of Fun-Fun-Fun. Your design is flowling and friendly -- you do nice work. So when is it going to be done? Where are you going to hang it? When are you going to make another one... Are you glad I stopped by?

Jenny
LOL...I am always glad you stop by !

...I hope to get it done within the next decade. It will probably sell, they usually do AND I have another one started...hope to get that one done within the same time frame LOL.
Hi, Francie, that looks like a fun project. I've never done mosiac like that...the only kind of mosiac I've done is outside with tile on a concrete patio. That was fun too, but yours looks really creative. Love the colors. I'll be back to see it finished.

Rhoda
Gretel said…
Oh this looks lovely! What patience you must have.
Oh My...So much work involved but o'so worth it! It looks beautiful...can't wait to see the finished product!
Anonymous said…
Francie~ you've got so many talents!! Being a good friend is one~ but the others are equally impressive. I love this window.
Angie said…
How pretty! I've always wanted to try mosiac, but have never found the time. It's still on my to do list. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Angie
I have always wanted to try that, it looks like fun. Yours is very pretty....love to see it finished.