FIRE and FUN


Here is just one of the plumes of smoke around our area...this is from one of the huge wildfires that are raging. The fire has moved Southeast of us but we are getting the smoke blown this way...praying for the people and homes now in it's path.
On a happier note, I have been tagged by the Fabulous Deco Diva herself :
Here are the rules…. each player starts with 7 random weird facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. fact...I am a Journeyman Marine Mechanic and worked on submarines for a number of years.
In a round a bout way that's how I met my SweetiePie.
2.fact...I have lived in over half of the United States and several foreign countries, visited most of the others.
3.fact...no matter how diligently I tried I can not speak a foreign language.
4.weird fact...while in high school in Spain I and another student were chosen to go out into the country and try and rent a small pig from a farmer for a greased pig contest. The farmer thought we were crazy (read fact 3) and sold us the piglet which we returned after the contest and then I am sure he thought we were even crazier.
5.habit..or weird fact?...I almost always order the same thing at a restaurant (it's different at each restaurant though) because I know I will like it and it will be good.
6.habit and true fact...the first thing I do in the morning is thank the good Lord for my life and my day. Then I go have a cup of coffee and breakfast.
7.weird fact...as a child of a military man and wife of one I have held more jobs and done more things than most people could imagine from submarine repair to managing a union office to writing technical manuals to decorating homes etc. A Jill of all trades a master of none...but I have had a good exciting life.
Now, who to nominate? hmmm since Jenny, Old Bag New Tricks is taken I am going to nominate
1. Sharon of C'est Chouette
2. The Queen at Queenly Things
3. Sonia of C.Crafts and Collectibles
4. Gretel of Middle of Nowhere
5. Carole of Our Red Door
6. Diane of A Day in the Country with Farmer Di
7. Teresa from Aunt T's paper and crafts
Okay, I'm off ...
My wish for you is that you will have a day filled with fun and friends and no smoke.

Author

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio Fiksioner is a free template that suitable for personal blogging because the layout is like a journal.

4 comments

OldBagNewTricks said…
That fire, or rather smoke, looks frightful - and entirely too close. If your little shop went up like a natch it would be a horror -- but it would smell fabulous for miles and miles! Be wary.
Mrs. Jones said…
I lived in San Diego, and we had a fire a few years back that kept ashes raining for a week. Sure makes for dramatic photos, though, doesn't it. Almost looks like a tornado. Hopefully all will be safe from this fire.
Anonymous said…
Francie prayers for safety.

I was just over at Debbie O. blog and she posted a smokey photo too.

Oh and I just figured out how to post!Duh...

Teemie
Gretel said…
God how awful...I thought of you and hoped you were safe. I've already been tagged some weeks ago for this one! I don't have any weird things about me to write about! But I'm going off to visit the other blogs. Will email this weekend. :)